This is a relatively high-carbohydrate recipe that serves as a great side dish to many meals while easy to make and find at your local deli. Combine this with some meat such as steak, pork or chicken and you have a tasty and filling meal.
Frozen vegetables can be found at grocery stores that can be microwaved and steamed. This will save time.
Do you have more tips? Post in the comment below.
Carb & Protein
- 1(15oz) can black beans, drained
- 1(15oz) can kidney beans, drained
- 1(15oz) can canellini beans, drained
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 10oz. frozen corn kernals
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp erythritol/allulose(or sugar)
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup clilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Hot sauce(Optional, for taste)
- In a bowl, combine beans, peppers, corn and onion
- In a small bowl, make dressing by whisking olive oil, vinegar, lime juice, sweetener, salt, garlic, cilantro, cumin, black pepper, hot sauce and chili powder.
- Pour dressing from small bowl on the bean combination and mix. Refrigerate and serve.
We prefer zero calorie sweeteners such as erythritol but you can also use sugar or honey in very small amounts to add flavor
Serve without refrigeration or refrigerate ingredients prior to mixing
Use pre-made dressing from grocery store