This can be a perfect side dish that is filling and tasty while containing lots of fiber. The base can be modified and you can add in more ingredients to further enhance the dish.
- 2 heads cauliflower, florets
- 3 tbsp butter or ghee
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup bacon bits or sausage
- Steam or boil cauliflower to soften up the florets, 10-15 minutes
- In a food processor, pulse the florets for 30 seconds, add in cream, butter sour cream until the mixture is smooth. Add in salt and pepper and mix for a few pulses to combine.
- Add the mixture to a baking dish and add in the bacon or sausage.
- Broil for 3-4 minutes until brown and serve with sour cream(optional) as a side dish.
You can also melt cheese on top to make it even more cheesy
Many times you can find cauliflower based products in the market.