Chicken curry is a traditional Indian recipe that imparts spiciness and is extremely flavorful and tasty. You can find it at many Indian, Pakistani or Middle-eastern themed restaurants while eating out. If you're following a low carb or ketogenic diet, you may want to skip on the bread and rice that comes with it. However, you can have low carb version of bread as needed. This is a great recipe you can have on occasions when you want something more ethnic and your taste buds seek an extra kick!
- 3 tbsp Ghee(traditional style) or olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- salt to taste
- 2 chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup plain or greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup regular milk or coconut milk
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Heat oil or ghee in skillet over medium heat. Saute onion until light brown.
- Stir garlic, curry powder, cinnamon, paprika, bay leaf, ginger and salt. Stir and combine for 2 minutes
- Add chicken, tomato paste, yogurt and milk
- Boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes
- Remove bay leaf, stir lemon juice and cayenne pepper. Simmer 5 minutes & serve.
Recipe can also be made in slow cooker or crock pot
You can refrigerate and reheat if you have leftovers.
Buy spice pre-mix from your grocery store or oriental store. Ensure it's not loaded with sugars.
Buy pre-made sliced chicken breast