This is the classic and hands down one of the best chili recipes that will get your taste buds to smile! The recipe is very simple and easy to duplicate. Once you learn this, you can further modify it based on your taste preferences while changing the fat or carbohydrate content you seek by adding toppings or ingredients. This is a splendid dinner option or comfort food any time.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lbs 90% lean ground beef
- 2.5 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp black pepper
- 2 cup beef broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes (12 oz.)
- 1 can kidney beans (10 oz.)
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 oz.)
- Add olive oil to soup pot and place on medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add onions, stir and heat for 5 more minutes
- Add ground beef and cook for 6-7 minutes until beef browns
- Add chili powder, cumin, tomato paste, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir while cooking.
- Add broth, diced tomatoes, beans and tomato sauce
- Bring liquid to boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and let it rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
You can combine all the ingredients in a slow cooker or crock pot as well
You can reduce carbohydrates by increasing broth and cutting down beans and increasing beef
You can top the chili with sour cream and cheese to add more fat and protein to the chili
Buy pre-made beef chili and simply heat it in microwave or stovetop