Perfect as a dessert, a post-workout recovery meal or a snack, these truffles are delicious and simple to make.
- 2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, tallow or ghee
- 1 cup erythritol
- pinch salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, dutched
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease an 8-9" round cake pan.
- Put 1 cup chocolate and butter in microwave safe bowl and heat in 20-30 second intervals, stirring regularly, until butter is melted and chips are soft. Transfer melted chocolate and butter to mixing bowl.
- Stir in erythritol, salt and eggs until smooth. Add cocoa powder and mix to combine
- Place the batter on the pan and bake for 35-40 minutes. Loosen edges and place on serving plate. Let cool.
- For the glaze, while the cake is being baked, boil and simmer the cream and add it to the remaining cup of chocolate in a bowl. Stir until it is smooth.
- Spoon glaze over cake and refrigerate. Serve.
The glaze is optional and you can use it to add some more fat to your diet.
Instead of the glaze, you can add fruit topping as well.