The classic london broil is a high protein meal that can be combined with your favorite veggies to create a meal.
- 2 lbs top round steak
- Dry mustard
- ghee or butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350F. Use meat pounder to even out the steak. Sprinkle salt on both sides.
- Rub steak with mustard, pepper and ghee/butter.
- Heat a cast iron skillet to medium high heat and brown the steak for 2-3 minutes each side.
- Transfer the steak in the pre-heated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove and let sit for 5 minutes. Slice across the grain and serve.
You can use a meat tenderizer to soften the steak if it's too tough for you
Tag along vegetables for a complete meal
Feel free to use dry rubs of your choice from your local grocery market to add your preferred taste profile
Reverse searing can be done by cooking in the oven first and then browning the steak afterwards