This can be made as a staple breakfast recipe and also a post-workout recovery meal. Great for those with an active lifestyle. This recipe is very low carb and the waffle can be very versatile.
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup almond milk(or milk)
- 1 scoop whey protein powder, unflavored
- 2 tbsp butter or ghee
- 1/4 cup peanut or almond butter
- Pre-heat waffle iron to medium.
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl using a whisk or hand mixer
- Grease the waffle iron with cooking oil
- Scoop some of the batter and pour into the waffle iron. Cook for about 4 minutes until it lightly browns on the outside. For a pancake, cook instead on a lightly greased skillet.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
For sweet and salty, add some bacon or meat in between waffles to create a sandwich