These are a great substitute for traditional rice and can be used as a side dish alongside many main courses. They take literally no time to make compared to traditional rice!
- 8 Eggs
- 2 tbsp milk or almond milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp ghee or oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 oz baby spinach
- 2 oz. shredded cheese
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper
- Heat oil or butter on medium heat in a oven-safe skillet and saute onion till they are soft, 3-5 minutes. Add in garlic and cook for another minute or two.
- Add in spinach and let it wilt completely, stirring to allow even coating of oil.
- Pre-heat the oven broiler. Add in eggs and cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the frittata and put it inside the oven for 4-5 minutes until top is golden brown.
- Remove, let cool and serve.
Use oven mitts to handle the skillet!
You can add sausage, ham or tofu in the frittata as well prior to baking in the oven