While the mainstream news is focused primarily on a top-down approach towards food and health aimlessly tossing around observational studies, Gabor Erdosi and even us at Ketogeek are more focused on a bottom up approach starting from mechanistic ways in which food is metabolized and impacts the body as a whole.
Gabor Erdosi has a masters in molecular biology and is the brains behind the Facebook group "Lower Insulin". Nicknamed the "Adipose Jedi", Gabor has a unique approach of delving into complexity and understanding the inner workings of the human body.
7:32 – Background, weight loss & introduction into low carb
15:18 – Learning from thousands of scientific papers & moving beyond macro and micronutrients?
18:21 – Evolutionarily appropriate foods & finding recurring themes in successful diets
22:43 – Lowering Insulin Facebook group & focusing on high quality research
26:24 – Calorie-in Calorie-Out Model, Carbohydrate-Insulin Hypothesis and leveraging various models to troubleshoot health and address root causes
32:33 – Is it ketones or foods that promote ketosis that suppress appetite?
35:45 – How food processing can impact the body at a biochemical level
43:42 – Is Insulin Resistance a bad signaling problem?
51:10 – Feedback loops and how food processing can impact its metabolic response
55:49 – Why underfeeding and overfeeding studies may have impractical implications
58:37 – Thinking of fat gain as a protective mechanism
1:07:05 – “Compartmental Storage of Fat” and fat storage hierarchy in the body
1:012:13 – How is fat burning prioritized?
1:15:48 – Mechanistic role of intestinal barrier and gut permeability
1:20:08 – Why many conditions are acute processes going south
1:20:55 – Research you would like to see
1:22:28 – Final Plugs
- Lower Insulin: https://www.facebook.com/lowerinsulin/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/gerdosi
- Shop Energy Pods Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Ketogeek-Chocolate-Energy-Organic-Vanilla/dp/B07B88S36J
- Ketogeek Ghee on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B29HM3D
- Ketogeek Merchandise, Ghee & Energy Pods: https://ketogeek.com/collections
- My Keto Snack Box: https://www.myketosnackbox.com/
- Ketogeek Newsletter: https://ketogeek.com/pages/sign-up
- Shop Energy Pods: https://ketogeek.com/collections/energy-pods
- Wholesale: https://ketogeek.com/pages/wholesale
- Satiety Index Study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7498104
- Food Processing Talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rcfvRGZsDs
Fahad is the founder of Ketogeek and hosts the Ketogeek Podcast, a world class health show about food, nutrition and health. He is into resistance training, Ashtanga yoga, calisthenics and various forms of training styles. Armed with a idealistic goals distilled in a world of realism, his goal is to help the world make a better place. He leads a life of extreme generalism or as he describes it, 'The Renaissance Lifestyle'.