What do you do when you feel depressed and it seems something that is out of your control? What's going on? We go through the inspirational narrative of overcoming clinical depression and bipolar II disorder with Carrie Brown.
Carrie has struggled with depression for as long as she can remember, and after she was diagnosed with BiPolarII Disorder 5 years ago, decided to become her own detective and figure out the root cause. She now lives a life completely free from all medications and any symptoms of BiPolarII Disorder or depression.
She is also a recipe developer and best-selling KETO cookbook author, host of the Ketovangelist Kitchen podcast, and partner of the Ketovangelist Unlimited Program with Brian Williamson and Danny Vega. You can find Carrie sharing free KETO resources at carriebrown.com and ketovagelistkitchen.com.
6:15 – How was your childhood, upbringing and schooling?
15:42 – How was college for you?
18:41 – How would someone have befriended you?
21:04 – Did you connect with anyone around you?
21:52 – How did your professional career pan out?
28:17 – When did the demons finally catch up?
35:05 - How do I know what’s going on with me?
40:10 – How did you start troubleshooting the bipolar disorder?
45:42 – MTHFR gene mutation and its connection with bipolar disorder
47:15 – How did you get into therapeutic Keto?
53:15 – How did you add foods back into your diet?
57:29 – Was it the ketones that helped?
1:00:56 – What lifestyle changes helped?
1:03:50 – What if keto fails in the treatment?
1:05:46 – Discussion about Lyme disease, how it thrives and potential ways to deal with it
1:15:08 – Differeniating between clinical or situational depression
1:19:17 – Understanding the MTHFR gene expression & its association with various conditions
1:21:26 – How do you start a conversation who has clinical depression?
1:25:05 – Message for everyone
1:27:16 – Cooking and keto
1:29:30 – Final plugs
- Carrie Brown Website: https://carriebrown.com/where-to-find-me
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/therealcarriebrown
- Cookbooks: https://carriebrown.com/cookbooks-carrie-brown-keto-lchf-lowcarb
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheKetoKitchen/
- Patreon: www.patreon.com/carriebrown
- Shop Energy Pods Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Ketogeek-Chocolate-Energy-Organic-Vanilla/dp/B07B88S36J
- Ketogeek Ghee on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B29HM3D
- Ketogeek Merchandise, Ghee & Energy Pods: https://ketogeek.com/collections
- Ketogeek Newsletter: https://ketogeek.com/pages/sign-up
- Shop Energy Pods: https://ketogeek.com/collections/energy-pods
- Wholesale: https://ketogeek.com/pages/wholesale
Fahad is the founder of Ketogeek and hosts the Ketogeek Podcast, a world class health show about food, nutrition and health. He is into resistance training, Ashtanga yoga, calisthenics and various forms of training styles. Armed with a idealistic goals distilled in a world of realism, his goal is to help the world make a better place. He leads a life of extreme generalism or as he describes it, 'The Renaissance Lifestyle'.